Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 2: Your 2 Favourite Songs & Why You Like Them

I don't know how anyone can cut down the number of their favourite songs to just two. But alas...

Number One:
Angels Son by Sevendust.
I love this song for so many reasons. It's a beautiful song in itself but it means so much to me. 
It reminds me of high school when I fist heard it. It reminds me of the fun we had in my friends lounge room with the entire album that this song is on, up so loud.
It also reminds me of the devastating pain we went through when we lost our little girl, as we played it at her memorial.
Beautiful song, amazing band. 



Number Two:
Ocean by John Butler.
A beautiful instrumental piece.
As John Butler says himself, it's his 'conversational piece.'
There seems to be so much emotion in this song (and every other one he's written). Somehow, even with no lyrics, it seems like you can relate to this song.

1 comment: