Thursday, December 3, 2009

High Five For Homegrown

Uh oh! It's my turn.
Tonight I was stumped as to what I should make for dinner - a common problem when it's my turn to cook. I made an attempt to go across to the shops and hoped something would inspire me when I got there. Thankfully it did.
I decided on chicken pasta and that I was going to cheat and use a BBQ chook. I got home and still didn't feel good about it. Idea! I'll use heaps of my very own home grown herbs! No, not that kind of herb...


Oh, what a fabulous idea!
They come in so handy - I think everyone should have at least the basics (parsley & rosemary - duh!). It makes for such a good addition to an otherwise plain meal.
And they are so hardy! What more could you want?!


We have parsley, basil (thanks to mum's cutting (that we left wrapped in wet newspaper on the bench for a week - what did I tell you, hardy!), garlic chives, rosemary, onions, broccoli and garlic. The last two don't seem to be doing too well. I'm going to blame insects and birds because it's obviously not me...

High five for homegrown herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment