Monday, May 24, 2010

Tunnel Art

I like art.
I like art a lot.
I like to look at other peoples and I like to create my own.
I admire anyone who can take something from their mind and recreate it as a real, physical object.
(I don't want to sound like a twat who thinks they know all about this subject because I certainly do not. This is just my opinion.)
I think that there are very wide boundaries on what is considered art and I think that some people need to realise that just because they don't find it beautiful to look at, it's still art. Though, in saying that, I do think that some people need to take a step back and reconsider what they're putting out into the world.
BUT! I digress!
I was on my way home from work the other night, walking through the Central tunnel and I saw a group of people standing around.
Usually everyone is in a hurry to get home in the evening and so I thought that whatever these people were looking at had to be worth a geeze for myself.
So I stopped and saw a guy selling some artworks that he'd done.
They. Were. Fantastic.
I thought to myself 'I love these. I can't walk away. I never buy art. I'm going to buy one.'
He had other versions of the same girl but this one really caught my eye. I love that it almost looks like graffiti.
Unfortunately he doesn't have a website or anything and all I know is that his name is Luca and he paints and draws excellent pictures.
Yay to her, she's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment