Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today marks 34 weeks of my pregnancy.
34 is a lot of weeks.
That means there are only 6 more weeks until I am due to bring a human being into... well, being!



I cannot wait to meet my sweet little girl. I can't wait to give her all the cuddles in the world.
At the same time, things are getting a little scary and 'real'.
I mean, there's no denying that this is going to happen, but like so many other major events in my life, I just can't seem to see past the current stage I'm at.
For example, in school, I never thought I would get to year 12 and complete my HSC. I did.
Then, when saving for our overseas holiday, even once we had the tickets at home and were just waiting for the date of departure to come around, I could never see myself any further than being at the airport, let alone living in a country town smack-bang in the middle of Ireland. We did.
Then - moving house. We applied for our current house and I thought that it was too perfect for us and that we'd never get it. Here we are living in it, and loving it!

Me, being a tiddlee-dee idiot in Dublin

Our amazing front verandah

Now, I can't see past my pregnancy. I am aware that there is a baby in there, that eventually needs to NOT be in there.
I am aware of what happens when one is pregnant... it inevitably leads to an infant...
However, I am having my typical foresight problem of not really, truly being able to imagine myself anywhere past the present. It's odd but I guess it's my 'norm' for big, life events.

Either way, this Saturday is my baby shower.
I'm very excited to have a lovely afternoon with most of the important ladies in my life (and soon to be in my baby's).
I hope it's a nice day and that everyone has a good time!


Then on Sunday, I will be packing my hospital bag.
Just in case.
Oh my god.


Calm thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment